Friends
Елате в .: BGtop.net :. Топ класацията на българските сайтове и гласувайте за този сайт!!!
Routes

Мадарски конник

Distance: 1 km.
National historical archeological preserve "Madara"
Working hours:
     In the summer: from 8:00 to 19:00 h.
     In the winter:   from 8:00 to 16:00 h.
The wealth of open-air archeological monuments dating from 4000 B.C. to the 15th century give reasons for researchers to call Madara the "Bulgarian Troyan". The most remarkable monument in the preserve is the unique rock relief Madara Horseman.
The only in Europe, it is a model of old Bulgarian art and symbolizes the power and greatness of the Bulgarian state. The inscriptions around the horseman are written in the Greek language, revealing the entrance of three Bulgarian Khans -Tervel, Krum, Omurtag . The Madara Horseman is recognized by UNESCO as a World heritage site. In the historical sciences Madara is well-known as a religious center. Found here are sanctuaries, Christian churches, chapels. During the 14th century, in the rocks of the plateau, the biggest Bulgarian rock monastery was created with over 150 chambers.

Distance: 10 km.
National historical-archaeological preserve "Pliska"

Working hours: from 9:00 to 17:00 h.
Telephones: +(359) 5323/22 71

Capital of the first Bulgarian state (from 681 to 893 AD) established from khan Asparuh.
Relics from monumental architectural objects are situated on an area of 23 sq.km. In the archaeological museum, conditions of life of the villages, the materials and the spiritual culture from the period VII - X centuries are shown.
Ruins of the Great and the Small Palace, the strong stone fortifications and the Great Basilica (c. 875), one of the largest Christian places of worship of its time, used both as a royal church and as a national patriarchal cathedral, can be seen in the reserve

Преслав
Distance: 30 km.
National historical-archaeological preserve       "Veliki Preslav"   
www.museum-preslav.com
Working hours: from 9:00 to 17:00 h.
You can make requests and orders
on tel.: +(359) (0)538/43243; 42630

Unique and exceptional tourist resources, such as the Archeological Reserve of the ancient capital and the contemporary museum.The spots are equally attractive for both work and sightseeing to professional archeologists and tourists respectively. Capital of the Bulgarian state from 893 to 972 AD. In the archaelogical museum are masterpieces of the Bulgarian Golden age: Preslavian golden treasure, the ceramic icon "St. Teodor", a golden stamp collection, authentic written monuments from IX –XI centuries.
Shumen Fortress

Distance: 10 km.
Historical-archaeological preserve
"Shumen Fortress"

Rising three kilometers west of the city of Shumen is the Shumen Fortress which has existed more than 3200 years. During early and late middle ages the Shumen Fortress was Bulgarian maintained and played an important role in the history. During 1444, bout the time of the crusade march of Vladislav III Yagelo, the fortress was destroyed and burned down. The Fortress is one of the most explored archaeological sites in the country. The fortress and the cultural architecture, homes and thousands of movable monuments bear record of the diverse functions during the different periods, predominantly during the time of the second Bulgarian kingdom. Today the Shumen fortress is exhibited as an open-air museum.

Sherif Halyl Pasha

Distance: 10 km.
Tombul Mosque “Sherif Halyl Pasha”

A cultural architectural ensemble built during 1744. The mosque is the second largest on the Bulkan Peninsula. An operative Muslim church. It is situated in the central part of Shumen. The mosque is known also as the Tombul Mosque because of the shape of its dome. The building process was started in the year of 1744. The mosque is the second biggest mosque on the Balkans. The dome height is more than 25 meters. The main hall is coloured with different floral motives, geometrical figures and many Arab language inscriptions from the holly Koran. The mosque minaret is 40 meters high.

Mosaic museum

Distance: 40 km.
Museum of Mosaics in Devnya.

Telephones: +(359) (0)519 9 29 09
Working hours:
     In the summer: from 10:00 to 17:00 h.
     In the winter:   from 10:00 to 16:00 h.
It is the only one of its kind in the country. Put on show in it are Roman and Early Byzantine mosaics from Marcianopolis. The museum has been erected onto the foundations, unearthed during excavations, of a big Late Roman time structure with mosaics from the 3rd-4th century (raised on the site of earlier buildings), which existed until the early 7th century. Some of the preserved multicoloured floor mosaics, can be seen where they had been unearthed, while the others - partially restored or conserved – have been placed onto new foundations.

Pobiti kamani

Distance: 48 km
Pobiti Kamuni

Pobiti Kamuni was the first place in Bulgaria to be officially declared a protected nature preserve, in 1937.Beautiful and surreal, there stands a stone forest. And just like anything else that lacks a rational explanation, the origins of Pobiti Kamuni are shrouded in mystery and legend.
Pobiti Kamuni (literally "Stones Beaten Into The Ground") has been a spiritual site since time immemorial. In the 1950s, archeologists discovered settlements from the Early Stone Age, not far from this spot. Today, the only thing on which scientists agree is the time period when the stone pillars were formed: during the Eocene, 50 million years ago, when southeastern Europe was indeed at the bottom of the sea. As a result of their long exposure to the elements, they have acquired some fantastic shapes, resembling animals, birds, and people.

Distance: 20 km
Fortress Ovech

It is situated on the mountain plateau, called Kaleto, rising in the east of the town of Provadia. It is surrounded from all sides by rocks, about 20 m high. During the Middle Ages the town Provadia (Ovech) was a key centre of the First Bulgarian Empire with an important monastery at the modern village of Ravna, the church of which was consecrated on 23 April 897, and a major scriptorium of the Preslav Literary School.
In the fortress were imprisoned the knights of Amedei VI Savoyan, among them the Marshal of Burgundy, captured in unsuccessful siege of Varna in 1366.

Плиска